Why do I always show pictures of smoothies?
I love smoothies, it’s true. They are the best way of not having to eat a salad everyday. Honestly? I am so lazy it would make your head spin. I know that if I start my day with tons of healthy foods and superfoods, that I don’t need to be concerned about it for the rest of the day. I can just make sure my eating choices are excellent, and I know I am providing the best that I can for my body.
I know I can throw handfuls of dark greens such as spinach or kale into my blender and it will essentially chew them for me. Actually, why don’t I walk you through my morning smoothie and give you the recipe?
First I open a young Thai coconut. You can buy coconut water, or use water or even tea. I pour the coconut water into my Vitamix blender, but a Nutribullet or Blendtec are great, or a good strong blender will work. Then I scrape out the coconut meat with a spoon and add that to the blender.
From there I add:
- spinach or kale (I fill up the blender and blend a bit to make room); if you have herbs growing outdoors, you can add them, too
- here is where I add the “good stuff/vitamines” ; you can use something like a Smoothie Boost, but here is what I add:
- Vitamineral Green from Health Force Nutritionals (start with 1/4 tsp, and work your way up to 1 tsp)
- Dried, powdered nettles and other herbs (1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp Spirilina or chlorella also from Health Force Nutritionals
- 2 heaping tablespoons Hemp seed hearts
Now I have tons of healthy building blocks for my body for the day, now I want to make this thing not only taste good, but amazing! Some of that stuff is nasty tasting, but hold on, we can mask all of it.
- Usually I will add 1/2 cup frozen wild Maine blueberries for their antioxidants, sometimes I add a banana for taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cocao powder, which is just the cocao bean, ground
- 1 heaping tblsp peanut butter
- 2 squirts chocolate flavored stevia from Sweetleaf
You will have to blend it and taste it and see if it tastes wonderful. If not, start adding more of the yummy stuff. You can add a little honey, or frozen pineapple, but I just add a bit more stevia.
Now you have a chocolate, peanut butter, banana shake that is amazingly healthy for you!!! Enjoy!
TO YOUR HEALTH!!